insights of self-help : Nourish to Flourish.
Human lives are also similar to the lives of plants. It needs constant nurturing to reap the maximum possible benefits. But, more often than not, we ignore this simple dictum of life. Hence, a consistent effort towards such nourishment is a necessity.
The simple tools for a happy life are self-care and self-love. It means you value yourself and the people around you. You cannot keep other people content if your inner self isn’t content and satisfied.
In our everyday lives, we come across numerous kinds of people and situations. Someone needs to study for exams and do well. Someone’s appraisal at the office is keeping them awake for nights. Someone lives to see their dreams being fulfilled by their children one fine day. Amidst all of these, human beings strive for one particular thing, i.e, love, and care. Exactly this is where they need to strike a balance between loving their selves and loving others. Many of our mothers, for example, have devoted their whole life to nurturing their children. They have somewhere forgotten themselves completely.
Often, many counselors and psychologists have come up with cases where people are not treated nicely by others. To quote some statistics, in India itself, 10-15% of school children seek help from counselors as they suffer from emotional, behavioral, and learning problems. For those who do not get over the hesitancies, the urgent need for recognition arises. This is exactly where we need to establish a connection with our inner soul.
The idea of self cannot be interpreted as being selfish. You need to give your mind an overwhelming sense of happiness. Success is what we all run after today. But unless we tame the burning desires in our hearts and learn to be content with the bare minimum in times of distress, we wouldn’t be able to handle the excesses of flourishing success too.
Some quick hacks:
1) Bring the feel-good factor: The thought of feeling good itself is an incredible way to start. You cannot keep any window open for negative thoughts about yourself.
The motivation of positivity has to keep running in your veins and mind. And another aspect of staying motivated is you alone have to be your motivator in the race of life. People can show you the path. You have to cover the distance by walking alone by strengthening your feeling.
Sometimes we have no idea about the misery and sufferings of others. So if we contribute by staying positive, we can build a whole nation out of it.
Positivity has got so much power. Sometimes in life, you need to suppress your vulnerabilities and be the epitome of strength and courage.
2) Be a learner in life: You can take help and inspiration from others. You can also follow many great leaders or eminent personalities for hope. The only way to do well in life is constant learning.
If you reach the height of success or maybe you turn to be a contented soul still you cannot overlook the advantage of study. Research is a great tool to cultivate oneself.
A wise man is full of knowledge. Staying humble to your learning is a step that you are ready to learn more and more. Invest more in knowing the things which you always wanted to know. Everything in life needs a well-planned draft.
3) Put a stop to comparison with others: No one is similar, we all are different, and we know that. So why not imply it. Is it so hard to accept? Comparison helps you in losing your peace of mind. Why ready to give your peace of mind when you know it will cost you.
You see other's success, and an envious nature works within you. Looking at the other side of someone else's story will never make you satisfied. Aren't you that better that you can create the best out of yourself?
What is the need to fall into the vicious trap which is made by others? You will grow when your time is right. They have worked hard and achieved it in their own time. You have a different clock that is not the same as them.
4) Slow down your mind: Your mind is full of innumerable thoughts. You need to sit back and relax. Taking a break from work is the way. The other practice to calm your brain is to meditate.
Meditation helps you to relax and detoxify stress. You neglect your health and stress yourself. To get that big break in life, you need to break the task into small chunks. Creativity doesn't come like that.
You need to feed your mind with proper food and take care of it. The brain is like a baby. It needs care and attention to grow healthy. And whichever way you mold, it will form a pattern of that.
5) Recognize yourself: The best way to develop your own self is to start acknowledging. The majority of people feel they are worthless. They are doing no good with their life. But is it so? I believe every people have talent and skills hidden in them.
You need to wake yourself up and stop giving a thought you are any less. The qualities if you aren't aware. Why don't you discover one? It's never too late to start anything new. Remember one thing when all doors close, there is always a window opened.
You need to find that window and excel in your path. No one is going to do that for you. Know your strengths and accept your flaws. Start addressing them.
Start working on them. Maybe today it is your flaw, tomorrow it can be your biggest strength in life. Keep those fires of hope burning within you.
6) Focus on yourself & move away from things that distract you: In life, if you want to flourish and help yourself, know one thing clear you have to give yourself the time to grow.
And distance yourself from those things that shift your focus like too much use of social media. You spent a lot of time looking at what others are doing and what they have achieved.
You must always think about what you can get in your life. You cannot change the fact what others have. If you work for your welfare, you can do the fairness with yourself.
Often in life, you will see if you ignore the unnecessary things in your life. You will get a lot of time for your build-up.
7) Be assertive: You need to be confident with yourself and have a voice of your own. Being assertive doesn't mean you are acting rude and aggressive. It means you have proper knowledge of what you want and want you don't want.
You need to maintain that transparency throughout the journey. You need to prioritize your opinions and thoughts, and if you don't do it by yourself, you cannot expect people to do it for you.
Every individual needs to practice being assertive as it is a vital quality of self-care and self-love. Assertiveness is not an overnight practice. It takes time.
When you do it, you will see you have made a whole new way for yourself. You will feel bold and confident about your life. You will get a new perspective on life to live.
8) Practice Gratitude: You should always be thankful for what you have in life. Not many people are as fortunate as you are. Try to utilize the resources available around you.
Complaining in life is not a solution to reach your goal. You have to make your living simple. Many scholars have said that practicing gratitude can benefit one's health.
It reduces stress, keeps you happy, and also your optimism towards life increases, and your whole thoughts in the brain change. Practicing gratitude also helps you to develop patience, wisdom, and modesty.
It allows you to live in your present. Dwelling in the past will only make your life more miserable. You will see its human tendency to lose interest quickly and appreciate change. Then start taking things for granted.
Gratitude will help you realize you must celebrate goodness and say "thank you" to life.
9) Eat, Sleep, and Meditate well: All the above points will work fine if you concentrate on three things well that is eating, sleeping, and meditating.
You must try to eat healthily. As the study shows, food habits can play a vital role in your life. If you eat healthily, you think healthy. You must use food as a means of daily well being.
It must act as a medicine in your body. At the same time, you cannot neglect good sleep. Your minds also need rest. When you get a sufficient amount of sleep, you can concentrate well on your endeavors.
Now coming to meditation, if you practice daily, it will help you relax your mind and keep calm and composed. Also, you can lead a happy and stress-free life. Meditation has so much power in itself.
These are some of the quick self-help tips which will keep you motivated. Blend a few or all these in daily life. These are the few basics of self-help practice. Help yourself to help others in the journey of life. Get a fresh new outlook on life and your goal. . Don't put it off for long. Start now, and see the results in your life. I can guarantee you won't be disappointed. And here goes a famous quote by Kevin Welch:
"There'll be two dates on your tombstone And all your friends will read 'em But all that's gonna matter is that little dash between 'em"